Re: [DMCForum] Re: Alternate Fuel -- Water

On 5/29/06, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What if someone invented a new oil that was light, and
> imporved the efficency of a engine such that you got
> an extra 2 mpg?
>
> No need to "what if" because Exxon had it 20+ years
> ago.  They retired the engineer who invented it, and
> stuck the formula in storage.

Now this doesn't surprise me any. I can completely buy into oil
companies shelving small advances like this.

However, the original discussion wasn't about small advances. It was
something about a car that runs on nothing but water, and some
discussion was made about revolutionary changes that were all locked
up by the oil companies.

I doubt it for a few reasons,

1. Most of the "revolutionary" changes that people say they've come up
with turn out to be scams.

2. If they did come up with it, it would be worth unheard of amounts
of money; you could use it (or the threat of it's release upon your
death) to buy protection. To simply give it up would be really, really
stupid.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM