Re: [DMCForum] Spring work COMPLETED!

On 3/29/06, timnagin <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the diameter of the piece is about the same as the original then yes, it
> being that tight is correct.  These are used extensively on late model
> vehicles though they are attached to plastic that is tougher.  Are your door
> panels cardboard or plastic?

They're cardboard. Is there a better, plastic replacement??? :)

> There are panel tools that allow you to slide the end in and get under those
> things to pop them out.  You can pick one up pretty cheap at auto parts
> stores.  The Snap On ones are a bit more expensive.

I've seen these; I don't know how they'd help me on the trees near the
non-moveable door windows, but I've been meaning to buy one for the
rest that I CAN access.

My stupid replacement fir trees were also cheap and the plastic ends
just broke off, but that's all the local auto stores carry. I wish I
could find some better ones. Maybe one of our vendors sells them...

-Ryan