Re: [DMCForum] Re: Very Strange - my blower fan quit working completely

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Very Strange - my blower fan quit working completely

You said the fan runs fine on your workbench? That is odd.

If you have voltage at the fan, and the fan isn't bad, then I don't
know what the problem could be. Double and triple check your
connections; maybe the plug isn't making good contact with the fan
terminals. Make sure the workbench test is connected to the same,
appropriate, terminals that would be connected on the car. Then test
continuity again on those exact connections on the car - don't hunt
for a ground elsewhere, use the one that the fan will use.

Beyond that, if it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to look for.

-Ryan

On 2/4/06, lakelanier20 <derek4567@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ryan,
>    I originally tested by touching the ground of the meter to the
> front fender.  Just now, I tested by touching the 3-prong black
> terminal on the fan itself.  The meter showed 12 v.  If I unplug the
> black wire that is closest to the seat (the easiest one to see) and
> put the black meter probe into that, I get a reading of 0 v.
> Strangely, this "ground" wire seems to loop around back into the same
> wire that the red positive wire comes from, with a small black
> cylinder around the wire along the way.
>
> The other 2 black wires connected to the ground terminal on the fan
> seem to be ok though, since I get a good reading when touching the
> terminal itself.  But the fan still doesn't come on no matter what.
>

> -Derek
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@...> wrote:
> >
> > Have you checked the ground? If you have voltage on 1 & 2 at the fan,
> > a bad ground is the most logical problem. When you tested, did you
> > test with the ground on the fan, or somewhere else?
> >
> > -Ryan
> >

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte