Re: [DMCForum] Car stolen 37 years ago, returned to owner. WoW

On 1/18/06, mike clemens <rmclemns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The car was a 1968 and it was stolen in 1969---hence
> insurance was not required, at that time, to own or
> drive a vehicle in 'most' states, if at all.

I knew it wasn't required back then, I was just a bit surprised that
someone would buy a brand new vette and not insure it. I don't need
collision insurance on my DeLorean as I hold the title, but I've got
it anyway because I can't imagine not protecting a twenty thousand
dollar car.

> insurance was required, where as, folks of my age knew
> it only as a luxury that only 'rich people' could
> afford.

I'm guessing insurance was much more expensive back then, relatively
speaking, than it is today?

-Ryan