Re: [DMCForum] Car stolen 37 years ago, returned to owner. WoW

Re: [DMCForum] Car stolen 37 years ago, returned to owner. WoW

Ryan,

Just to clarify, when he bought the car, it was a year
old and he paid $6000.  He was 26 years old, single at
the time (just divorced according to his TV
interview), and we all know what insurance companies
thought (and still think) of youthful, single drivers
and hot muscle cars.  They charge an arm and a leg and
once those are gone, how you gonna drive a Vette?
:-)

And yes, you are right, insurance back in the 60's was
more expensive (comparatively speaking) than it is
today.  It was not unheard back then that your 1st
year's insurance for a muscle car was 20-25% of the
cost of your new car.  I know, been there, done that,
couldn't afford it!!   LOL

Mike