Re: [DMCForum] Grinding in reverse...

Brakes look OK (I replaced 'em a little over a year ago and inspected
them when I had the car up yesterday) but it could be bearings. I've
never replaced bearings, where do I buy them & what's the procedure?

If I wiggle the tire (I tried, didn't seem like there was any play,
but which direction should I be wiggling it?), how do I tell whether
the bearings are bad or not?

I'm open to just replacing them regardless. Not that I'm one to throw
money at a problem without diagnosing it, but when it's an original
item on a 24 year old car if it's not shot by now it will be soon
enough. Might as well just do it.

-Ryan

On 1/8/06, timnagin <timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's exactly what I was thinking.  We did a complete brake upgrade on a
> local owner's car and the driver's front rotor was stuck on the car.  When
> it was finally forced off the bearing fell in pieces to the garage floor.
>
> Greg

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS