Re: [DMCForum] Repairing glass top range?

Re: [DMCForum] Repairing glass top range?

Thanks Lauren!

I superglued (yes, really) the chip back into it and boiled some water
for half an hour on high. Worked just fine, no further cracks, etc.
I'm glad; a new glass top was $440+ installation, at that price I was
just going to buy a new oven.

Get this: We managed to "glue" a glass pot to the burner while making
pastries. Apparently some of the blueberry mixture got under the pot
and just bonded the thing to the surface of the range. I hit the side
of the pot to dislodge it and it took a small chunk of the glass range
top with it.

After a bit of glue it's hard to tell where the problem was. Looks
like I got lucky this time around.

--
- Ryan