Re: [DMCForum] Happy New Year

On 12/31/05, Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the risk of offending somone who adheres to a different calendar,
> may I wish all of you a Very Happy New Year.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

> May 2006 (or whatever date your calendar shows)

May?! Mine says January. ;-)

> In 2006 I should put another 10to12,000 miles on 16867.  That will put
> her odometer at 120,000 or so - - up 85/90,000 in the eight years I've
> owned her.  We will take in PR and then the DeLorean Touring Society
> will venture on to tour the Williamsburg area and then back home to
> Illinois, Minnesota and Colorado.

When I bought #5447 in the spring (?) of '04, she had ~40k on the
clock. I'm up to 63k now. I figure I'll be at 75k by this time next
year. She's made quite the nice daily driver.

Every once in awhile I run into someone who chastises me for "ruining
a classic". I never understood the mentality of buying a car to put in
a garage and look at. Lots of offense intended to those who do that.
;-) I tell them John DeLorean would have approved. He made the car to
be driven, not sit around and be taken out twice a year like a piece
of fine china.

A couple of weeks ago an employee at a car audio shop told me what a
fool I was for driving it, but in the same breath said I should fill
the boot with subwoofers and "cut some big holes" to get the sound
into the cabin! I don't know what he was smoking, but since he wasn't
sharing any with me I declined his terrible advice.

--
- Ryan

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte