[DMCForum] Re: Cop stories

Forgive me, but isn't that about the dumbest thing written here in a
long time; ie., getting cited for a violation of community supported
rules is okay, but having those rules enforced is not?????

Now you can argue that the rules are not "community supported", but if
the community didn't support them, they would be overthrown.  Yes, I
know this is an overly simplified generalization, but, please, whether
you like them or not, traffic rules/ordinances are put in place by and
for the good of the general population.  When one thinks that he or
she is too good to be subjected to those rules, he or she, if caught,
will be cited.  And, frankly, if he or she feels there is no need to
pay the resulting fine, they can't, IMHO, be jailed quickly enough!!

The "problem is that failure to pay a speeding ticket can result in
arrest and jail time" is NOT the problem.  The "power that's used to
back it up" is power that WE have given to those who represent us.
Though the power may occasionally be misused, it is an absolutely
necessary aspect to societal safety in a culture such as ours.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
The problem is that failure to pay a
> speeding ticket can result in arrest and jail time. This is why people
> get so upset about them - the ticket itself is not the problem, it's
> the power that's used to back it up.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS