Re: [DMCForum] Re: Cop stories

--- dmcgman <DmcGman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes Marc they dont use quotas and no one said they
> did.  Sitting on a
> highway to be visible to keep speed down and keep
> the highway safe is
> not enfrocing a quota.  Why do you think there are
> unmanned cars at
> different places.  Kind of hard to write tickets
> from an unamanned
> car.  Obviously the point is to slow speed not hand
> out a certain
> amount of tickets.

Anyone who drives these roads knows the unmanned cars
(as well as manned in plain sight) only serve to have
a nice flowing traffic grind to a screeching halt as
everyone slams on their brakes (causing a hazard on
the road).  Kind of like a speed bump, people just
speed between them and slam on the brakes when they
get to them.

> Some officers are assigned to areas such as
> Turnpikes, Interstates,
> and Parkways that are not residential, where
> obvously the main
> problem is speeding thats why they sit there.
> Doesnt seem to hard to
> understand.

It seems like a waste of time and money to assign an
officer to sit on the parkway waiting for speeders.
Other than the aspect of generating revenue.

> Yes Marc and the ones who get littering tickets say
> just as you
> do "Why isnt the officer out enforcing something
> else" like
> speeding.  Kind or a rhetorical argument.

I don't know anyone who had gotten a littering ticket.
And the practice seems more widespread than speeding.

> Well no surprise you are wrong but then again you
> dont work in that
> profession so I am not surprised that you are
> mistaken.  Running
> radar and keeping traffic safe leads to saving
> lives.  Speed related
> deaths are one of the highest on the roadways.

I see this claim alot, about "speed related deaths".
But am puzzled as to how anyone can accurately
determine speed being the case of an accident.

> Maybe make less
> assumptions about another profession?  I wouldnt
> presume to know what
> you do all day, and I don't need to I am sure you do
> what your job
> description calls for like the rest of us.  In any
> event maybe I
> should install one of those turbos so I can keep up
> with you on the
> next caravan :-)

I have some for sale!  :)

> In any event I am sure you will want to continue
> this off topic
> thread.  I know of at least two toher law
> enforcement peopl on the
> list and a third from England in fact.  Maybe they
> will indulge you.
> I prefer to spend time reading Delroean realted
> topics.  Enjoy :-)

M'kay.