RE: [DMCForum] FW: Hummer H2 vs. Tahoe

>I guess the root of that comes from my opinion that
>these monster trucks are Selfish.

Your opinion, yes, but not necessarily that of the owner or other
non-owners.  This is just like the previous discussion about why people
bought their De Lorean and some did it for attention.  Not all De Lorean
owners bought their car for attention  Not all SUV owners are selfish.

>My DeLorean does not cause any additional disruption
>to the people around me.

Are you sure?  From what I have heard there is usually a lot of disruption
from people taking their eyes off of the road to look and take pictures.

>They have not lost anything so I could gain.

What did you lose so someone else could own an SUV?

>Think about this next time you are in your DeLorean
>trying to make a turn or change lanes, and you can't
>see what the heck is going on around you because you
>have SUV's blocking your view.

This argument is so weak I could have eaten a box of Alpha-Bits and crapped
a better response.  There are a LOT more vehicles on the road that are tall
enough to block the view from a De Lorean.  A building will block your view
as well.

The next time you drive your De Lorean think of how big the turning radius
is.  Surely that can not affect anyone else having to wait on you.  I was
recently informed that my Monster Truck has a better turning radius than the
De Lorean, and the truck is longer.

>Not to mention, when one of those 6400Lb trucks come
>smashing in to your fiberglass DeLorean and rips your
>legs off.  Had the other driver been in a regular car,
>you could have walked away...  Taking away your option
>to walk all because THEY wanted a monster truck.

Yea, and a vehicle going a lot faster can have the same affect of shearing
off the front of the car even if it were a third of the weight.  Do you ever
complain about those little Honda Civics zipping through traffic?  The
impact of a lighter vehicle traveling at a greater speed is the same as a
heavier vehicle traveling at a lower speed.

One could also argue that you had the option to NOT buy the De Lorean and
chose to do so.  It's not someone else's fault that you have a smaller car
and they have a larger car.

>This is the same theory of seatbelt laws, or DWI laws.
>The only reason I would care if you drive drunk is
>because you may hit me!

I don't even understand this one.

Greg

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10