Re: [DMCForum] FW: Hummer H2 vs. Tahoe

I wanted to stay out of this, but I just can't resist! This will be my only
message as I've already discussed this in the past and I realize I'm not
going to change people's opinions and they won't change mine. This is just
to explain why some of us are upset at SUVs and large trucks.

>Or trucks, or vans, or work trucks, dump trucks, delivery trucks, RVs,
>big rigs, .. I mean, if you're going to hold this opinion, you can't
>just label SUVs. All of these vehicles cause the same problems. Why
>aren't big dump trucks selfish? Is it because they're doing some sort
>of specific, official work?

Those vehicles serve an actual purpose and are doing a job that usually
can't be done any other way. Yes they pose a bit of a risk to everybody
else, but they usually have well trained drivers behind the wheel. Most
SUVs  (I'm not a fan of any large truck based vehicle) are spending 100% of
their time on "standard car duty". I realize there are plenty of people
that use them properly (I'm not trying to outlaw them after all). It's just
that in most city centers and suburbs (not mountainous areas or farms),
they aren't necessary for most people. All of my friends and co-workers
that used to have an SUV gave them up because they realized it was a
pointless vehicle for them. And the ones I know that still have them, still
use them as cars and nothing more.

Again, I'm not saying all SUVs are evil and should be banned. It's just
that I hate it when somebody puts me at greater risk without reason other
then to drive something bigger or make a statement. Keep in mind SUVs have
been around for a long time (such as the Suburban), but it's only now that
they are in such great numbers. I find it hard to believe the average
American family has changed that much in 15+ years to needing a SUV.

Chris
-Happily driving a MINI and DeLorean 99.999% of the time. The .001% in
rentals to haul stuff.

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS