Re: [DMCForum] Hummer.

On 11/29/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Strangers to like me?   I think DeLorean ownership has
> gotten more people to not like me.  :)
>
> I bought a DeLorean because *I* think it is cool.  The
> car gives me enjoyment.  Part of that enjoyment is
> when others (even strangers) think it is cool too.

Right - see, that's my point. You didn't buy it for some silly status
symbol. Neither did the rest of us. Neither do most H1/H2 owners. Or
any other expensive vehicle, for that matter.

There are always exceptions, such as the guy you mentioned. But they
aren't the rule. Which is why I disagreed with your original comment,

> Most of them were like "Hey, I wanna be cool
> like the Terminator and drive a hummer", or drive it
> like an expensive status symbol (which is the prime
> motivator for most purchases like that).

I think some people buy a hummer for that reason. I think they're few
and far between, and "most" just want a nice vehicle with cool
features/capabilities.

--
- Ryan