RE: [DMCForum] Hummer.

Yeah, I can understand some people like that but there some logic here that
is missed...

If you make $1,000,000.00 a year, buying an H1 is like a drop in the bucket,
so there is no wow factor for you, or a sense of "look at me".  It is a
sense of "I want a car, what one would I like and enjoy more, a $20K Honda
Prelude or a H1???  Hmmm let me see.... HUMMER baby all the way.  I for one
would never shell out $125,000.00 for an H1, it is beyond my realm of
reason.  Not to say it is not a cool ass truck, just too expensive for me to
rationalize buying.

Now you see some extremely rich people driving crappy cars and living in
small houses, hording their money for a rainy day, but most spend to the
excess, and some spend within their budgets.

I am sure people look at me differently even on this list who have not met
me and talked in person.  I have been blessed with a business that has
succeeded and my family is taken care of, and I am sure I come off sometimes
as some sort of brat, but it is unintentional I assure you.

Now I had two options, one was buy the biggest ass house in the area,
finance it to the hilt, but able to make payments.  Finance several high
dollar REAL LOOK AT ME NOW cars, and run through my pot of gold in short
order, but would have all the neighbors jealous of me as I sat back and
wrote checks for the rest of my life to pay for it all. I did not choose
that option.

I chose option 2.  I found a very nice fairly new house in a good
neighborhood, not the biggest, not the smallest and paid cash.  I have nice
things inside, and got a nice H2 for my wife.  I drive my Ram daily (one
year and I just hit 50k miles).  We have both DeLoreans now and the Jag for
sale -- anyone want it??  The only thing I have financed or owe on in my
life is the Hummer and my 40,000 sq/ft plant for my business.  My business
is for my kids.  My parents business made enough before they sold it to take
care of them now and me when they are gone, so I turned to my children to
make sure they won't want for anything while learning the fundamentals of
good and bad and how to be good people and not judge based on what people
have.

My neighbors all play the "Keeping up with the Jones's" game of when one
person gets something everyone has to get it or better.  None of them seem
to notice that I don't play that game.  I don't need their admiration or
recognition, I like them for who they are not what they got.  That's also
why I like being on these boards, no one cares what we each have, we just
like getting together and discussing our DeLoreans.

Sorry if this is too long for you or to much personal info, just running off
at the mouth.

Jack Stiefel - Tampa, Fl
DMC Vin 03461 1981 Grey 5 speed
DMC Vin 16879 1983 Black 5 speed