[DMCForum] Re: Engine swaps / upgrades

When I bought my first Delorean I had NO idea about K-Jetronic. But
after realizing it was the almost same system as on my Volkswagens
from the 80's it is now a breeze to work on.

Literally, all it consists is simply buying new parts and bolting them
on. Just go through one by one till the problem is gone. Or if you are
like me, just replace ALL the fuel system parts, and be done with it.
I replaced EVERYTHING over the period of about 12 months, and after a
few minor enrichment adjustments, everything is amazingly perfect.
Turn the key and it'll start within 1-2 seconds, and idle down
perfectly. Perfect cold start, no hot start, no sputtering.

It is an amazingly simple system once you embrace it. And since you
are stuck with it, don't but heads with it, learn to enjoy having a
simply mechanical fuel injection system to work on.

I'm almost to the point if I notice an issue, or read someone posting
an issue I can self diagnose what part is not working.

I would rather buy 5 complete fuel systems front to back than deal
with an engine swap, I don't like one off fabrications, that is too
much work for me.

But to each his own I guess. You'll be better off financially &
mentally learning how K-jetronic works.

-Joe

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS