Re: [DMCForum] Engine swaps / upgrades

Ryan,
When I first saw the K-jet, it gave me a headache trying to figure the
system out. Coming from a Computer Science background, EFI is way more
logical and mechanically simple. So after my starting troubles, I bought
the book "Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management" by Charles Probst
(ISBN 0837603005). It covers many flavors of Bosch fuel injection and does
a better job (in my opinion) of explaining the K-jet then the official
Bosch manual.

When it comes to an engine swap, I'll never due it. Keeping the PVR is way
cheaper, even after shipping the D to an "official" DeLorean vendor. The
only time I would perform a swap is for more performance. But then I've
never had a problem with the stock engine in regular traffic. There are
still plenty more cars out there that are slower then me. :)

Chris
VIN 4099

At 02:14 PM 11/17/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>K-Jet is unfamiliar territory to me. Hell, I still learn about parts
>on my car I never knew existed by reading various list discussions.
>And I don't know how much I want to learn about it when I'm thinking
>of replacing it. I can't stand the lack of power. Realize, I sold my
>supercharged 3.8l Fiero when I bought the D, so while it's a huge step
>up in class, I'm way down on the power scale.

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS