Re: [DMCForum] 10989 is alive

Wow Lauren---That's the best hug I've had in a
week!!!!!  Josh offered one, but I still don't trust
him that much.  You never know what one of those
college kids might try.  :-)

Wasn't able to drive the car due to the clutch
hydralics being totally empty of fluid.  That's the
next step along with the numerous electrical faults.
Josh says he'll have all the eleectrics sorted out by
tomorrow morning so when I get back down there we'll
tackle the clutch and get he moving under his own
power.

One question-----we ran the car until the temp got to
the second line and then shut it down.  The lambda
light stayed on the whole time and the idle stabilized
at a "high" 2500 rpm.  Is the lambda system toast or
should we check something else first??

On a positive note, I've never seen any car sit as
long as his has and when it finally started, it was
totally smoke free, not even a little puff or two.

Josh was very kind about the description of the gas we
took out of the tank.  I'd describe it more like bilge
water out of the USS Kennedy after being at sea for
nine months and 10 of the urinals were leaking into
that area.  Nasty, Nasty, Super Nasty!!  Ya gits what
ya pay fer at a cheepy station.

Mike      TPS      1630

--- Lauren <LPLand@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Josh:
>
> :)))))))))
>
> I'm so excited for you -- I just can't explain how
> much.  That's a
> major obstacle that you and Mike overcame.  Just
> hearing the car
> fire and idle has to be the most awesome thing.
>
> Did you at least drive it around the block or up and
> down the
> driveway?
>
> A big cyber-hug to both you and Mike.
> Congratulations!!!!!

> > This mostly for Lauren and those who care. Mike
> and I got my car to
> > run on it's own power today.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10