Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

On 10/25/05, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> measure and all are happy with their purchases. I've seen several cars
> still running fan fail modules, so let's face it, we all know
> *something* must be done!

I haven't touched my fan circuit since I bought the car. My "cooling
fan fail" light goes on & off with the fans. I don't have a Zilla or a
Fan Fix. I did install John's slim cooling fans so I'm drawing much
less power.

I also have a blue fan fail module installed. I'm not sure if it's
been modified or has a jumper in there or what; how do I tell?

Any advice on updating this would be great. If it's as simple as some
relays and fuses I'd rather spend $20 on those and do it myself than
$200 on a module. I don't need the sequenced startup features with my
slim fans. Also, if it makes any difference, I would REALLY like to
restore proper operation of the fan fail light. I don't want it on
when the fans are on; I want it on if one of the fans has actually
failed.

While I'm dreaming, has anyone added any sort of alert to the
temperature gauge? I'd really like a simple circuit that energized a
relay if the temp gauge got past a certain threshold.

--
- Ryan