Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

Ryan,
Since you have low current fans, you don't have to worry as much as the
rest of us. Now if you want an actual functioning fan fail light, you have
to get a Fanzilla or Shain's new controller. All other controllers simply
turn on the light with the fans. Even then they aren't perfect, as when I
had a disconnected fan, the Fanzilla didn't turn on the light (one of its
fuses must blow for the light to turn on).

Now if you decide to skip the fail light function, then I would just wire
up two relays for your fans and get rid of the blue module. Our friend Toby
sells a kit to do this with directions if you want to make things easy for
ya. Don't worry about all the chatting on the DML regarding the fan
controllers right now since you don't have any of the common problems with
the high current fans.

Oh, as for the reason to get rid of the blue module, they are poorly
designed. The wiring inside them is too small for the stock fans. DMC
recognized this early on and created a recall. While it may not be a
problem for you with your fans, I personally wouldn't risk it.

Chris
VIN 4099