RE: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":



Marten, 

I wasn't trying to attack you but sometimes, perhaps because of your
electrical background, you say things that look good on paper but I don't
think you have the necessary experience to back up in practice. That’s
normal...you are young and entitled to your own opinion. You've said both
good and bad things about Zilla's and I appreciate some of it and don't mind
listening to suggestions but you don't know the track record of all the
products out there like I do. I could pick apart the Houston tank sender too
but what point would there be as it is currently the only cost effective one
available so I use it too.  It has faults I could reveal but since I don't
currently have a better product available what IS the point.

The fact that BobZilla and I stuck our necks out and introduced a better
line of electronics for the D which have proven reliable should not be the
cause of so much grumbling and second guessing by every owner with an
electrical degree. I don't have one so you have me there but Bobzilla knows
electrical design and I know DeLorean's better than you, Elvis, and a half a
dozen other people who seem unsatisfied with their design.

If you guys can build better modules for the locks and fans and sell them
for $9.99 or even $299.99 I say more power to you. But if you're not going
to because you "can't justify the cost" I say it's time to "shit or get off
the pot". I don't mean that in a bad way it's just that the same crap keeps
getting repeated over and over and I don't see why I should have to waste
time defending our products to people who don't even use them. When my
customers start complaining about them is when I'll be concerned. I hear the
same complaints from mostly the same people every year. If you don't like it
I'm not asking you to buy it...OK. Just keep a wary eye on your "Fan Fix's,
your fan fail wires, or any of your own homebuilt inventions lest you one
day find YOUR DeLorean on fire! 

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Martin Gutkowski
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 8:19 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rob@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

Rob,

Simple point here: The Fanzilla is a good product, but expensive and 
could be better at the design level *in my opinion*. Your attack on me 
yesterday was based purely on one comment where I pointed out that I'd 
seen a FanZilla that didn't work. Was that fair?

I'd written a long e-mail which I'm sure would be accepted in the same 
negative way, so I've deleted it and this is -my- last word on the 
subject. I don't like the mud-slinging but will continue advise my 
customers as to the best products and the best place to buy them, if not 
available from us.

Martin
DMC Ltd

pjgrady2000 wrote:

> -
>
>
> Martin,
>
> Hmmm..... you didn't build it because it would be at a price
> you "couldn't justify". Sounds like a Fanzilla I suppose but why is
> it you two "electrical engineers" can find so much fault with a
> product but aren't willing to invest the time and money to invent
> something better for less as you suggest it would be so easy to do. 






 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 



-- 
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.361 / Virus Database: 267.12.4/146 - Release Date: 10/21/2005
 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.361 / Virus Database: 267.12.5/147 - Release Date: 10/24/2005
 



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DMCForum/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    DMCForum-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 




Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive