Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

Re: [DMCForum] Re: FanZilla VS "Fan Fix":

The design flaw is the factory "temporary" bypass jumpers to replace the
fan fail module which really was a POS. The original setup did not say
anything about fuses and this seems to be the bug-bear where in-line
fuses are used and I've no reason to believe otherwise. Secondly, the
circuit breaker's spade terminals are prone to corrosion and
intermittend contacts which generate heat and because heat is what trips
the breaker - bingo, no fans. Others have said that loading both fans
onto one relay is a bit hard on the relay but I'm not sure I agree. I've
done a two-relay mod on my car using fused relays (plug into the top)
and fused them at 15A each. They've been fine in some 3 years, but DIN
relays are rated to 40A so should be okay.

The neat bit in the FanZilla is in starting up the fans sequentially so
as to load the engine in small increments rather than the big hit of  ac
compressor and both fans all at once. With an original alternator,
driving at slow speeds on light throttle, this can be very annoying (and
I put up with a Ducellier for some time before finally changing out just
before going to LeMans earlier this year, knowing my AC was going to get
constant use!)

Martin

Avi Sarfaraz wrote:

> Why are so many deloreans prone to failure? My experience with the one I
> owned had little if any issues and only one time did a part "fail" and
> I had
> to have my brakework done anyways and it was nothing to talk about...

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS