[DMCForum] Off Topic Humor: Stress Management

[DMCForum] Off Topic Humor: Stress Management

Stress Management

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to  an audience, raised a glass
of water and asked,

"How heavy is this glass  of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The  lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter.

It depends on  how long you try to hold it.

If I hold it for a minute, that's  not a problem.

If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my  right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an  ambulance.

In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I  hold it, the heavier it
becomes."

He  continued,

"And that's the way it is with stress  management.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or  later,

as the burden becomes increasingly  heavy,

we won't be able to carry on. "

"As with  the glass of water,

you have to put it down for a while and rest  before holding it again.

When we're refreshed, we can carry on  with the burden."

"So, before you return home tonight, put the  burden of work down.

Don't carry it home.

You can  pick it up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you're carrying  now,

let them down for a moment if you can."

So,  my friend, why not take a while to just simply RELAX.

Put down  anything that may be a burden to you right now.

Don't pick it up  again until after you've rested a while.

Life is  short.

Enjoy it!

Here are some great ways of dealing  with the burdens of life:

* Accept that some days you're the  pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

* Always keep your words  soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

* Always read  stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of
it.

* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by  their maker.

* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to  be vague.

* If you lend someone $20 and never see that person  again, it was probably
worth it

* It may be that your sole  purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning
to others.

*  Never buy a car you can't push.

* Never put both feet in your  mouth at the same time, because! Then you
won't have a leg to stand  on.

* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and  dance.

* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird,  sleep late.

* The second mouse gets the cheese.

*  When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

*  Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you  live.

* You may be only one person in the world, but you may also  be the world to
one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to  only make once.

* We could learn a lot from  crayons...

Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull.  Some have weird names,
and all are different colors, but they all have to live  in the same box.

*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the  scenery on a detour.

Have an awesome day and know that someone  has thought about you today....

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS