Re: [DMCForum] Re: The Church all give away their money for good purpose

Re: [DMCForum] Re: The Church all give away their money for good purposes?

The catholic church has an awful lot of money for all
sorts of things.  The Vatican has got to be in the top
10 wealthy entities in the world.

Do you have any photos of your church Ryan?  Any
expensive stained glass? maybe a huge pipe organ? hand
carved wood furniture??  This is what I have seen in
the churches I have been to.  I don't see how any of
it is to help the poor.  The money you give to the
church goes to pay for all of that crap.  Maybe a
nickle out of every dollar *MAY* get to some charity.

My experience with religious charity has been that it
always comes with a price...  You have to allow
yourself to be preached to.  If I was starving in some
third world country, I would probably go to church and
pray to Jesus for food too.

And, I have it worse.  Because I was born Jewish, I
have to hear it from them too.  YOU DON'T!  (It is
against the Jewish religion to try and convert
non-Jews, but it is OK to try and make a Jew a "better
Jew")

I see CoS is starting to work this way too.  Good old
John Travolta was down in the gulf giving "assists" to
people effected by Katrina.  I guess the formula
works.