[DMCForum] All people of faith are dumb.

[DMCForum] All people of faith are dumb.

To make a blanket statement that -all- non-religious people are
smart is the most ridiculous and reverse-bigoted thing I've ever
heard. I've met plenty of people who don't believe in religious
institutions who were unemployed, uneducated or who were utterly
lacking in common sense. It doesn't take higher learning at some
institute for a person to decide whether or not they believe in a
diety, Catholic or otherwise. Although you admit to having
met "smart Catholics", you've basically just said that anyone who is
spiritual is stupid, and that some lucky few managed to achieve your
aribitrarily designated level of "smartness". I just love liberals
who preach tolerance and acceptance as long as it's tolerance and
acceptance in areas that you feel tolerance and acceptance are
warranted. I can't believe you are in an institute of higher
learning and you are capable of making a blanket, stereo-typing, 3rd
grader statement like that. On the other hand, sadly, I can.

That statement is as non-sensical as saying "All DeLorean owners are
smart", or "all black people steal". I think it would be much more
likely that you are inclined to overlook the deficiencies of those
who happen to agree with your point of view than the fact that "all
non-religious people are smart".

I am sooooooooooooooooo far away from ever renewing my Mid-Atlantic
DMC membership or attending any functions in that area of the
country ever again. I feel like I'll be judged before I even shake
anyone's hand. In fact, after attending John Macais' BTTF screening
in October, I think I'm going to avoid any DeLorean social functions
and restrict my enjoyment to simple ownership.

Rich A.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Flavia" <frvianna@xxxx> wrote:
> Speaking from a former catholic point of view, I noticed that when
> was involved with church some of my HS friends were smart, some
weren't.
> Later, I realized God was an illusion to me lectured at my old
> fashioned catholic school. Then, I spent more time with non-
religious
> people, all of them were smart.
> IMHO there are smart catholics and not so smart catholics (I say
> catholics because I am not familiar with any other christians),
and all
> non-religious people I know are smart! :)
> I try not to get involved with the religious threads even though
they
> are fun, but this one was too good not to get involved.
> Yes, Marc, I agree, Robert for president!!!!
>
> Flavia
>

> > <SNIP>
> >
> > Well said, Marc. Well said.
> >
> > I really have nothing else to add, since Marc pretty much said
it all.
> > But I would like to interject a great quote from a book I
finished
> > reading recently, called "Snow Crash", by Neil Stephenson.
> >
> > "Ninety-nine percent of everything that goes on in most Christian
> > churches has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual religion.
> > Intelligent people all notice this sooner or later, and they
conclude
> > that the entire one hundred percent is bullshit, which is why
atheism
> > is connected with being intelligent in people's minds."
> >
> > That sums up quite a bit...
> >
> > -Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte