[DMCForum] Re: OK, now I am going to get my ass KICKED!

[DMCForum] Re: OK, now I am going to get my ass KICKED!

Just like the quote below. :)

Atheists from what I have experienced, really are not atheiests at
all. They simply have rejected the dogma of the religion they were
brought up in, rather than the idea of God, or some other sort of a
higher power.

Now Satanists on the other hand are the most pompus assholes you'd
ever want to meet. Aside from holding the idea that they're smarter
than everyone else, they like to flaunt the ideal around, and make it
a point to try to prove it in every conversation. Kinda like that
annoying person you know who owns one of those "Word-a-Day" calendars.
They read a new word, and will strike up a conversion with you, only
to dominate it, so that they can try and fit that newly learned word
into it. Just so they can prove they're smarter somehow.

"Pompus Psuedo-Inellectual" is the best way to describe one. You'll
really find this out when you discover the big oxymoron of how the
reject Christian beliefs and organization, yet have their own name
taken from a Christian-based deity... "The Satanic Bible" is a alright
read, if not primer for someone interested in social engineering. But
I believe that Anton LaVey was more interested in dressing up like a
goth, and having an eerie image about him, more than what ceremonies
he wrote about in his books. Which is something that he really hints
at in his own writings.

Wiccans and other "practiciners of magick" are usually nothing more
than some lonely-ass people. Especially the women who "practice" it.
Their covens and grottos are basicly just social events for people to
hang out. Once these people get into serious and commited
relationships with others, the whole Wiccan thing gets forgotten. I
guess when you're lonely, yet too lazy and/or lack the social skills
to date people, you start burning candles and invoke the help of
spirits to do all the work for you. Especially after you've alienated
youself from most other people. Lots of "Soup Stone Syndrome" in that
following, to prove themselves right...

Now me personally, I don't think that God is an illusion. Certainly
there has to be something higher than me, or something else that
exists on another plane of existance. I don't know about an afterlife
('cause I don't know anyone who'se ever come back to talk about it),
but there is certainly some sort of archetechture that created our
physics and the creation of life itself out of carbon and water.

However, there is one thing that really blows my mind. Something that
is so complecated, and so bothering to me, it hurts my head to think
about, because I have a hard time even contemplating it. I know what
the meaning of life is. It's for you to be you, and me to be me, so
that we can exist, be happy, and pass on our knowlege and wisdom to
our children to make the world a better place to live in. And then
they repeat the process over, and so on. That is something that's
almost instinctual to us. That is the purpose of our terrestrial
existance. What bothers me is God, or the concept of. If God created
my life, and my existance by way of the entire concept of life itself,
then who created God?

How was God created? Where did God come from? What the hell is the
meaning of God's existance? Is God like the concept of time itself?
How does God and time work? Is there truly an Alpha and an Omega to
God's existance/life span? I know why I exist here, but does God know
why God even came into existance? And does God even possess the
answers to these questions, or even asked them too?

I really have a hard time examining those questions on their own, let
alone trying to figure them out to achieve an answer. There is
absolutely no data I can use, to even guess about things, to try and
fill in the blanks with any sort of hypohtesis. I seriously believe
that with the question of "Who created God?" and the accompaning
questions, I have exhausted my thought capacity. I have truely reached
the end of human comprehension as I know it.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Flavia" <frvianna@xxxx> wrote:
> Speaking from a former catholic point of view, I noticed that when I
> was involved with church some of my HS friends were smart, some weren't.
> Later, I realized God was an illusion to me lectured at my old
> fashioned catholic school. Then, I spent more time with non-religious
> people, all of them were smart.
> IMHO there are smart catholics and not so smart catholics (I say
> catholics because I am not familiar with any other christians), and all
> non-religious people I know are smart! :)
> I try not to get involved with the religious threads even though they
> are fun, but this one was too good not to get involved.
> Yes, Marc, I agree, Robert for president!!!!
>
> Flavia
>

> > <SNIP>
> >
> > Well said, Marc. Well said.
> >
> > I really have nothing else to add, since Marc pretty much said it all.
> > But I would like to interject a great quote from a book I finished
> > reading recently, called "Snow Crash", by Neil Stephenson.
> >
> > "Ninety-nine percent of everything that goes on in most Christian
> > churches has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual religion.
> > Intelligent people all notice this sooner or later, and they conclude
> > that the entire one hundred percent is bullshit, which is why atheism
> > is connected with being intelligent in people's minds."
> >
> > That sums up quite a bit...
> >
> > -Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS