[DMCForum] Re: OK, now I am going to get my ass KICKED!

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Nice accurate summary of american history.   Too bad most people don't
> know it and we don't teach the truth anymore.
>
> BOB

There is good reason for it, Bob. Take a look at a young child. Catch
the child doing something wrong, and you dicipline the child
accordingly. However, ask the child to choose it's own punishment, and
you get one of two results:

1. Opts out of punishment, because it does not yet know the difference
between right and wrong. And therefore, doesn't comprehend the
consequences for an action it cannot percieve as negative.

2. Chooses too severe a punishment, because it wants to appease the
parent and make them happy.

A child does not yet have the proper reasoning skills to say this
punishment, is equal to this infraction. Such is the same with
religion. People revert back to child-like thinking, because they
believe themselves to be inferior to a higher diety which they believe
knows more than them. Thus they choose a harsher punishment/pennance
for themselves, because so many wish to engage with a preschool-esque
parent/child relationship with their God.

Now take a family who has multiple children. In many cases, you may
have the oldest want to take charge of things, so that they can prove
they're not just a little kid as well. And they try and maintain a
certain dominance over the younger ones, to prove their worth to their
parents, by appeasing them as they see fit. In some cases, you can see
the simularity between this scenario, and religious missionaries who
are out to convert others.

But overall, when you look at these roles that children and adults
play in their relationship, you can see the striking simularities
between young children & adults, and the way people act out with their
religion, and why. It's all to appease. People like to throw in that
Baker's Dozen of morality, less they piss off some deity who's gonna
get offended, and send them off to the lake of fire. That's why
censorship is such an essential tool to keep people *pure*. Because so
many have guilty feelings otherwise.

What people have to understand is that the "End of Innocence" does NOT
mean the inheritence of guilt. So many people out there are just
afraid to grow up and mature, because of the risk of doing wrong...

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS