Re: [DMCForum] JZD re-claim of DMC Trademark

Re: [DMCForum] JZD re-claim of DMC Trademark

I also remember hearing about the Stephen/JZD
conversation.. But it was shortly after the funeral
IIRC.  I say this because I had the thought at the
time "Sure, now that we can't confirm it".

As for the trademarks, Each time the trademark issue
has come up on the list over the past few years (I
think it started in 99 or something), I would search
the US Trademark database for various DeLorean related
registrations.   Shortly after DMCH registered the
"DMC" logo (this is the outline logo that was used in
the 1980's on documents and such, NOT the logo on the
front of the car) in 1999, JZD himself made a few
registrations (November 2000), including the
"DeLorean" on the rear bumper of our cars..  A few
years later, JZD let this registration expire (March
2003, I pointed it out on the DML), and a few weeks
later (December 2003) it was then re-registered by
DMCH!

http://www.uspto.gov/

under Trademarks, click SEARCH.

Try "DeLorean" and "DMC".  It is very educational.