[DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

[DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

Ok, so let's put this all into a nutshell here, Marc. You're saying
that DMCH is doing something unscurpulous by creating the Milineum
contest? In order to potentially sell stacks of parts sitting around,
they have decided to create a competition which encourages people to
buy parts from them, in order to compete. Is this all?

Certainly I agree that concours competitions are a double-edged
sword. The idea is to have a vehicle which represents what the
factory intended to produce at the time of competing vehicles exact
production/completion date. However, not even the manufacturers
always adhere to their own standards when it comes to production line
practices. So the debate rages on of what a car should have been,
versus what was actually physicly produced. Hence the fight between
whose better: Someone who rebuilt a car to exact specification, or
someone who owns a non-conforming factory vehicle, but is a true
survivor?

But that's not what you're really arguing here.

You make it sound (and this is important Marc, because you prefer to
insinuate something, rather to make a written commitment, as some
sort of loophole to weasle your way out of things) as though DMCH has
stated that in order to compete in their competetion, you MUST buy
parts from them. And that forcing people to buy parts from them is
the true meaning of the competetion. Which is WRONG on ALL counts!

Before this, there was NO conforming competetion. There was only the
DOA, and what they *interpreted* to be original. And if I'm wrong
here, please point it out where, but the DMCH Councours event is
based upon factory documentation that specifies what changes occured
to vehicles, and at what time. That is what concours is about. Now,
if someone has a surviving car that conforms, then they just simply
dust it off, and enter it in to compete. Which is something that has
happened before.

But in all of this, were are the ill intentions behind DMCH's purpose
for this contest? I doubt that Steven Wynn is toasting his huge
profit off that $15 entry fee. And while the manual does layout the
rules for cars and owners abide by, no where does it say that
ANYTHING has to be purchased by DMCH, or even any of the sponsoring
vendors. Sure if you need to purchase conforming parts, they are
readily available from DMCH. But purchasing them FROM DMCH is not
required.

Yes DMCH has a shitload of parts that they need to sell off. The
motivation of anyone who owns a business is of course profit. DMCH is
no different. Yes, everyone is in agreement that DMCH has a goal of
selling more parts to people, and does so via various means of
encouragement. Could be a parts kit or package. Could be a
competetive activity for people to participate in. It could even be
lower prices than their competetion. But these are incentives to
encourage people to buy from them. NOT to *FORCE* them, as you keep
insinuating. And that is what I, and other are arguing with you.

Now you say that perhaps my interpretation of your words is wrong.
Which is quite possible, since you keep refusing to say anything
direct. However, I just can't believe that. Not because of pride, but
rather the fact that lots of other random people who read your same
words, are taking away the same message that I am. You have a beef
with DMCH. Sure, there certainly seems to have been a problem with
the door struts. Something that did need to be brought out into the
open, and discussed. However, it's hard to take ANYTHING you say at
face value when you keep crying wolf all the time, and consistantly
lay blame on everyone else for *misinterpreting* your words, as a way
to weasle out of having to take responsability for what you said.

Marc, because all of your comments about DMCH are consistantly in a
negative tone, it appears as though you don't like DMCH. What your
reasoning is, I don't know. But it appears to everyone else that you
don't like them. And when you repeatedly post these negative comments
over and over again, it also appears that you may in fact have an
agenda of crusading against them. Of course you won't commit to
actually saying any of this...

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS