Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, so let's put this all into a nutshell here,
<SNIP Concours stuff>

My problem with Concours is simple.  As I have stated
(and I felt the Forbes article confirmed) the
competition is designed to sell parts.

There are MANY parts that can only be sourced from
DMCH.  Sure, you can call any of the vendors to order
it but the part comes from Texas.   People who compete
in this competition are encouraged to replace parts
that may be original on their car from the
dealership/factory yet they don't match the "manual".

BUT.. yes, I agree..  No one is FORCING them to do it.
So, if this is how they get enjoyment from their
vehicle I support it 100%  HOWEVER, it all falls apart
when they then perpetuate the INCORRECT statement that
Concours winners are "the best of the best"..  This is
where it takes an impact on me, and all DeLorean
owners.

A contest that is designed to sell parts is now going
to determine the value of your car.  You think this is
fair?  I don't.

For example, all 17xxx vins are WORTH LESS because the
MANUAL IS WRONG.  An owner of a 17xxx vin car in
Cleveland lost by a small number of points (To a
*AWFUL* car that was restored and prepped for the
competition by DMCH), and when he complained that
points were improperly deducted for his 1981 style
muffler, he was told if he wanted to win he would need
to replace the muffler with the 1982 style (Gee, I
wonder what is the only place he can get a NOS
muffler??).  HE BOUGHT THE CAR NEW OFF THE LOT AND IT
CAME WITH THE 1981 MUFFLER!  I believe this is the
same show when one of the judges ripped an inspection
tag off of his carpets.  (The car had NEVER been
"dealer prepped" and still had the inspection tags!)

> Now you say that perhaps my interpretation of your
> words is wrong.
> Which is quite possible, since you keep refusing to
> say anything
> direct. However, I just can't believe that. Not

It is clear in my head.  It is clear when I read it
back to myself.  Maybe I am just retarded.

> because of pride, but
> rather the fact that lots of other random people who
> read your same
> words, are taking away the same message that I am.
> You have a beef
> with DMCH. Sure, there certainly seems to have been

I do understand why people think I may have a beef
with DMCH.  I am the only one with the balls to stand
up to them, and I don't bother joining in on the
non-stop praise they receive.

> a problem with
> the door struts. Something that did need to be
> brought out into the
> open, and discussed. However, it's hard to take
> ANYTHING you say at
> face value when you keep crying wolf all the time,

Cry wolf?  Do you have an example?

> and consistantly
> lay blame on everyone else for *misinterpreting*
> your words, as a way
> to weasle out of having to take responsability for
> what you said.

Nah, I take responsibility for what I say.  It is not
like I don't show my face at local and national
events.  I weasel out of nothing.

> Marc, because all of your comments about DMCH are
> consistantly in a
> negative tone, it appears as though you don't like
> DMCH. What your

Even if it is not true, I can see how people would get
that.

> reasoning is, I don't know. But it appears to
> everyone else that you
> don't like them. And when you repeatedly post these
> negative comments
> over and over again, it also appears that you may in
> fact have an
> agenda of crusading against them. Of course you
> won't commit to
> actually saying any of this...

Nope, no "crusade". I am not trying to convert anyone!

And, I don't sit up all night plotting my next attack
against DMCH!  LOL!

> -Robert

Yahoo! for Good
Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS