Re: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Probably for the same reason that you keep harping
> on your anti-
> whatever rants...

But I don't claim to not care..  You did.

<SNIP>

> It comes from whatever source that you find that
> affords you said
> parts there, Captain Obvious. DMCH, DMCGG, P.J.
> Grady, DMCF, eBay,
> Hemmings classifieds, etc... Now correct me if I'm

Most of the NOS parts come from DMCH..  So, I guess it
is not so obvious. No one I know is building a
concours car from used EBAY parts.

> wrong here, but
> the basis for the concours is Factory-Specification
> Originality. Not

With no "build sheet" for a given car, there is no way
to know if it is "Factory-Specification".  We can make
general statements about when features changed, but no
one knows for sure.  I am not happy about a
profit-motivated business (did I say being
profit-motivated was a bad thing? *NO* ) deciding the
market value of a car based on irrelevant details.

> he who has the biggest set of reciepts and vendor
> loyalty. And no,
> Marc, I know once again that you're gonna say that
> you never said
> that. But you certainly do keep incinuating such
> with the negative
> spin that you put onto everything.

No, I did not say it.. But I agree with it!  Vendor
loyalty and receipts DO make a difference.

<SNIP>

> What James takes away from you messages is entirely
> up to him.
> Although I certainly know what I've taken away from
> them. And if you
> honestly don't have a problem with what DMCH is
> doing, THEN WHAT IN
> THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?!? I believe
> that you are
> probably as clueless about you own rants, as I am
> about them.

I have found fault with some of the things DMCH has
done.  What I did say was that you incorrectly claimed
that I was finding fault with them making a profit.
Something I never said, or implied.  If that is what
you "took away", then you made a mistake.

<SNIP>

> And that may very well be what the problem is here,
> Marc. You're like
> friggin' "Scrappy Doo" running around, and pointing
> fingers at shit
> all the time. And the most obvious of things to
> boot, simply so you
> can smirk to yourself and say, "See, I was right!".

You would be surprised how some of these things are
not obvious to other people.

> And you always
> write these things with the most negative of
> attitudes too! So don't
> try to make me out to be a scapegoat, and say that
> my single critique
> of your message has turned the entire world against
> you.

negative?  It is all a matter of perspective.

> Are you trying to save someone with you pointing out
> of things? Or

In some cases yes..  Telling people that there a a bad
set of struts floating around that can cause expensive
damage to a car may have saved a few people some
money.

Complaints about Concours are more selfish.  I think
the whole attitude surrounding this competition is bad
for the hobby..  Besides, so few people participate it
seems stupid to waste even 3 seconds to it at any
event.

> are you choosing the most obvious of stuff, just so
> you can claim to

If it is so obvious, why do I get little (if any)
support?

> be right on whatever trivial crusaide you've chosen
> to fight against?

RIGHT, I like all of the shit I put up with trying to
defend myself.  Personal attacks are just so
enjoyable.

> Marc, you truly are "MASTER OF THE OBVIOUS!"
> http://members.cox.net/dmcvegas/mastermarc.jpg

For someone who does not care, you sure have lots of
time on your hands for this.

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS