[DMCForum] Re: DMCH in latest issue of Forbes...

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> <SIGH>
>
> Comments below.
>

> --- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > You're forgetting one very important thing here,
> > Marc: I don't care.
>
> Then why are you responding?
>
> :)
<SNIP>

Probably for the same reason that you keep harping on your anti-
whatever rants...
<SNIP>

> > DMCH make profit, that's a given. And by what I'm
> > seeing here, they're
> > turning a pretty good profit at that. And that's
> > obviously a benefit
> > for them. However, there's also a HUGE benefit to
> > me. And that is that
> > I get to have easy access to reasonably priced
> > parts, I can have them
> > shipped out to me in a timely manner, as well as I
> > can help
> > participate in the reproduction of defunct parts
> > whose supply is now
> > exhausted. And the best part is that I don't have to
> > live in fear of
> > Steve Wynn throwing a temper-tantrum, and refusing
> > to sell me
> > anything, because he doesn't like something I wrote
> > on the internet.
>
> I agree 100%  Have I said otherwise?
<SNIP>

You certainly insinuate otherwise in the vernacular and tone of your
writings.
<SNIP>

> > As for Concours, who cares again. DMCH worked to
> > help set the
> > requirements, but I don't believe that anywhere in
> > their literature
> > did they say that you *MUST* buy the parts from
> > them. If I'm wrong,
> > please show me.
>
> NOS is the requirement, and where do NOS parts come
> from?
>
> If you own a 17xxx car with the 81 muffler, you need
> to buy a 82 muffler for concours, where does that
> muffler (NOS) come from?
<SNIP>

It comes from whatever source that you find that affords you said
parts there, Captain Obvious. DMCH, DMCGG, P.J. Grady, DMCF, eBay,
Hemmings classifieds, etc... Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but
the basis for the concours is Factory-Specification Originality. Not
he who has the biggest set of reciepts and vendor loyalty. And no,
Marc, I know once again that you're gonna say that you never said
that. But you certainly do keep incinuating such with the negative
spin that you put onto everything.
<SNIP>

> > In the end, this is a win-win situation for everyone
> > involved here.
> > DMCH gets to turn a profit, and I get to fuel my car
> > hobby further.
>
> Again, I agree 100%.  You make this statement as if I
> have said otherwise!  This is why people are afraid to
> post on the Internet (more so than not being sold
> parts).  Because, James is reading your message and
> probably thinking that "Marc has a problem with DMCH
> making a profit".   * I DON'T *
<SNIP>

What James takes away from you messages is entirely up to him.
Although I certainly know what I've taken away from them. And if you
honestly don't have a problem with what DMCH is doing, THEN WHAT IN
THE HOLY FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?!? I believe that you are
probably as clueless about you own rants, as I am about them.
<SNIP>

> > I begining to think that rather than keep out the
> > CIA brainwaves, that
> > tinfoil hat you seem to wear has helped cook your
> > brain, with all the
> > faux DMCH conspiracy theories you concoct...
>
> faux DMCH conspiracy?  IIRC, Anything I have accused
> DMCH of has never been disproved... And there are
> limited "problems", They just keep getting discussed
> over and over again.  I don't need to pat them on the
> back, everyone else seems to have that covered.
>
> In this particular discussion (the Forbes article) I
> was just pointing out that it confirmed my claim that
> the Concours event is nothing more than a marketing
> tool.  Furthermore, I would not have a problem with
> that if the masses accepted it for what it is.
<SNIP>

And that may very well be what the problem is here, Marc. You're like
friggin' "Scrappy Doo" running around, and pointing fingers at shit
all the time. And the most obvious of things to boot, simply so you
can smirk to yourself and say, "See, I was right!". And you always
write these things with the most negative of attitudes too! So don't
try to make me out to be a scapegoat, and say that my single critique
of your message has turned the entire world against you.

Are you trying to save someone with you pointing out of things? Or
are you choosing the most obvious of stuff, just so you can claim to
be right on whatever trivial crusaide you've chosen to fight against?

Marc, you truly are "MASTER OF THE OBVIOUS!"
http://members.cox.net/dmcvegas/mastermarc.jpg

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS