[DMCForum] Re: Katrina Thread

You bring up an excellent point, Brandon. And one that I really cannot
find fault with. Many people there were infact stranded because they
did not believe that living conditions could have gotten that bad. And
it's true that the local governments did not do all they could to get
those school busses into place, to evacuate the potential victims who
did indeed want to leave, but did not have the means to leave. I'll
have to agree with you 100% on that.

And the looting, rapes, and murders are indeed the fault of those
people who caused them. I fully believe that the reason other areas
outside of the city didn't see such carnage lawlessness is because
they are a whole different breed of people. No, not black vs. white,
but working class versus welfare recipents. You have working class
people who've been told all their lives that they need to work for
what they want, and they'll all work together to get things
accomplished. Least of all to survive. However, you take people that
are used to getting what they need handed to them by the guise of
public assistance, and they will fail without anyone around telling
them what to do. People will loot, murder, and rape others to get what
they want, because the concept of "earning" is genuinely something
that they cannot comprehend. Hence, that's why they're going to be the
first to become violent, and the first to die. It's easier to lash out
in anger at your problems, than it is to knuckle-down, and work
through them. Especially when you're been raise to belive in the
welfare mentality of "free money", and all your peers shun
self-sufffiency.

Yes, I agree that many of these people brought this situation upon
themselves. HOWEVER...

I agree that it isn't the Fed's job to keep us all with a roof over
their heads. However, prompt response to certain disaster areas, and
apathy twords others in unacceptable. We cannot have a laisser faire
attitude twords human life in times of chrisis, because this disaster
happened in one particular area, versus another.

It's all or nothing, as far as I'm concerned. You either treat all
Americans equally when it comes to federal aid and military
assistance, or you don't do it at all.

-Robert

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte