[DMCForum] Re: Katrina Thread

Hey Bill,

The problem here is that it is NOT our federal governments
responsibility to remedy this disaster.  Federal response is not
supposed to be quick in any way shape or form.  It IS however the
responsibility of the State (Governors, mayors, state officials) to
have been prepared and to have plans set to remedy such a disaster.

The problem is they didn't execute them well nor have good plans
like Florida did when they were hit with 4 hurricanes in a row.  Not
to mention relief after Hurricane Andrew.  The problem here is, the
Federal Government is not supposed to have to swarm into the entire
state and take over, that's not how our government is setup.

When it comes to response, the blame lies solely on the State as
they never want the Federal Government swarming into their state
taking over, but now they do because they don't want to blame
themselves whom were truly responsible!  Their lack of preparation
is the reason people are living in their own filth.  Granted they
had no clue what was going to happen but that's why you always
prepare for the worst.  They obviously didn't.....

And from growing up in Florida, one thing I know is, when a
hurricane comes, EVERYONE IS READY.  EVERYONE ends up buying tons of
water and supplies to make sure they can live for weeks without
assistance.

During Hurricane Andrew, everyone had enough food for their family
to last atleast a week if not more, and that was including central
Florida where I was and we didn't even get hit that hard!

It's simply about being prepared, in which this case the people that
stayed (thinking it wasn't going to be that bad) weren't....

This has nothing to do with terrorism and fighting abroad, it's
about the state not doing its job efficiently and taking care of the
people they so represent......kind of reminds me of when someone
gets pointed the finger at them for not doing something right and
they automatically turn around and point at the people behind them.

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> I'm a late comer to this thread, but:
>
> Isn't it possible the federal government was simply more razzle
> dazzled by the new phenomenon of international terrorism than the
old
> drudgery of natural disasters, allowed itself to become distracted,
> and now has been caught unprepared for the emergency at hand? No
> nefariousness, but simply planning for contingency A when it needs
> respond to contingency B (which I guess constitutes incompetence
and
> negligence).

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS