[DMCForum] Re: Oil Companies - No Response

[DMCForum] Re: Oil Companies - No Response

Nope. They can modify the price a little bit, but not much. And the
price area that they have to work in is set by the local distributor.

High gas prices are REALLY hurting gas stations now. Customers see the
prices go up, and they they there's a shortage. So they panic, and
drain the pumps dry. Once a gas station is out of gas, there is no
reason for anyone to stop there, hence they don't shop inside any
longer. Because of this, LOTS of gas stations across the south are
hemmoraging cash like you wouldn't believe. And it sucks too because
of the vendors. I know that Coca-Cola is a pain in the ass to deal
with, because you have to sign a contract with them that you're going
to buy so much product every week. Whether or not the liquor store or
gas station sells the soda, that isn't Coke's problem and they don't
care at all.

Until I started talking to people who owned gas stations, I had no
idea of the crap that they have to go through.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Josh Porter" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> Cool. I always thought it was to keep up with one another.
>
> Josh
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Because gasoline sales and gasoline refining are different animals.
> > Regardless of the name on the station, most gasoline stations
> receive
> > their fuel from the closest sources - no matter who owns the
> sources.
> > Wholesale sales and retail sales are different.
> >

> > When the local wholesaler or refinery raises their prices, it
> affects
> > all of the stations in the area, because nearly all of the stations
> > receive their fuel from the same place.  It's that simple.
> >

> > -Dave

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS