Re: [DMCForum] Re: Katrina

Bunch of stuff here..  But your last line is true..
So I am going to refrain from debating all of the
specific political stuff.  I will try to focus on the
subject, and not the politics.

I don't think the federal government has any
responsibility to repair the city. The discussion had
to do with evacuation and rescue for the people that
lived there.  Bob, I, and the media you mention are
simply comparing the response to Katrina versus other
natural disasters in recent history.  True, I am not
there seeing it first hand, so it may be unfair for me
to form an opinion.... However, I do not recall seeing
people on the news in Florida saying they were living
in their own filth after they were just dumped at an
evacuation center.  Bob says this mistreatment is
deliberate, and while the evidence seems to agree with
his statement I'd like to believe that it is not true.
However, if it walks like a duck.....

No one said (that I saw) to pull funding for Iraq.
The comment was that we have this money to spend on
some foreign country, why not our own?

And (sorry, somewhat political) Bush said we would NOT
be nation builders, and you site the Iraqi
constitution as a success?  Was that the goal of the
war?  How does this protect us from terrorism?  I feel
no safer than before.  I wonder if this was the
motivation for us to help Castro overthrow Cuba??
That was a real success..