[DMCForum] Re: Katrina

Hey Marc,

The reason you don't hear Floridians talking about living in their
own filth is because their governor (Jeb Bush) and state officials
had a plan setup for such disasters.  Their disaster response worked
as to where Louisiana & New Orleans is clearly not.  The Federal
Government is not responsible for the State's disaster plans and
they're not the ones who are to be held responsible when it comes to
not responding quickly enough.  Why should those in Washington be
responsible for setting up evacuation plans and disaster plans when
the State's want to retain such power and responsibility.  No state
wants the Federal Government impeding their power, yet now they do
since they weren't prepared?  The state and local governments have
primary responsibility in dealing with local disasters (it's the way
our government is setup) and they clearly have dropped the ball.

Then you have people like Senator Mary Landrieu from Louisiana,
threatening to punch the President if they mention the local police
not being able to maintain peace throughout the city or if they
mention anything regarding the State Officials lack of readiness.
That's the State's responsibility and even though they've been
through a disaster, it's still their responsibility.  It's ok to
bash Bush and call him all sorts of names, but don't point the
finger at those truly responsible or otherwise you just might get
punched in the face?

Natural disasters and politics sure don't mix, but truly the state
officials dropped the ball and are laughing while everyone points
the finger at Bush.  It truly is up to the State to be prepared and
they were not.  And as for the levees, again in 1996 (during the
Clinton Administration) the levees were fiscally examined and were
approved at a category 3 strength.  Just because Bush is in office,
doesn't mean he is responsible for strengthening the levees....they
had the chance to make it stronger back in '96 not 2 days ahead of a
category 5 hurricane.

Anyways, we could debate all day.  As for me, I think we're at a
good stopping point where things are beginning to clear up,
especially since the chaos is clearing.

As for those Manual Gearbox Pedals, do you still need those?  I can
hopefully try to pull them in the next couple weeks.  Let me know if
you already got what you needed!

Thanks,

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Bunch of stuff here..  But your last line is true..
> So I am going to refrain from debating all of the
> specific political stuff.  I will try to focus on the
> subject, and not the politics.
> /

Dmc Dml Dmc fz10
Dmc fz1s Delorean part Dml forte