[DMCForum] Katrina and Politics

<SIGH>..

I don't think anyone here has thought that the Katrina rescue efforts
were adequate.  I was through Hurricane Andrew myself.  Things were very
slow to reach there, and they had passable roads.  Katrina's affected
areas were impassable for days.  Still, as the president himself admits,
the response was nowhere near acceptable.  The governmental agencies
responsible for delivering aid seemed to have no idea what to do.
Nearly everyone everywhere will give you the same opinions.

I believe what has raised the most hackles is a handful of the usual
suspects here claiming things like "government genocide", etc., and
using the catastrophe to push their political agendas on the "illegal
war".  If these people could separate their absolute hatred of President
Bush from the issue at hand, their arguments would probably be listened
to more.

On a related side note, that Cindy Sheehan woman (as some call her, "the
bitch in the ditch") down in Texas, has stated that President Bush
actually CAUSED Hurricane Katrina as a direct result of his
environmental policies.  It's the wacko, totally out-of-left-field
comments that really cause one to lose credibility.  Y'all think about
that when your write your next political tirade disguised as a caring
concern for the disaster victims.

-Dave

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS