[DMCForum] Re: Katrina

Hey Marc,

You never know, the better solution would be to level the town and
build on top of the rubble...or build the city up...or totally
abandon it and rebuild inward away from under sea level.  The whole
city was built on a bog practically, so how much protection can they
expect?  They can rebuild a category 5 levy (isn't that your last
name?) but is it worth it because even something that massive might
not withstand another category 5.  Not to mention in 40 years it's
practically expected to happen again (we're talking it's happened
several times in one lifetime already).  The analysis by the Army
Corp of Engineers was carried out in '96 under the Clinton
Administration and it was fiscally out of the ballpark to make the
levy any higher than a category 3.  I'm sure the people of New
Orleans also had a say in what kind of protection they had and
realized what protection was available.

It's not that Bush caused the hurricane, but no matter what they'll
find some stupid point to argue that something is Bush's Fault.  I
mean geez, the editors of tv syndicates are having a field day,
because they show black people "looting" and white people "scrounging
for food."  Yet this singer at the NY benefit concert has the balls
to call President Bush a Racist because that's what they're showing
on TV?? Do you think he works in television??  The people at ABC,
NBC, Fox, whoever, should be held responsible for the dumbing of the
nation.  They're simply trying to play the cards early enough to help
win the next election and some high priced advertising.

And because the response isn't fast enough?  I mean, if we were too
quick, they would say we were just wasting money and were completely
unorganized, but if you're a bit slow and organized, it's the end of
the world.  Had we of just rushed in there, with no organization, the
dome would still be packed full of people.  It's like the tortoise
and the hair, just because you rush to get there, doesn't mean you're
going to have the resources to help anyone out.  If the levys hadn't
broken, the situation wouldn't be that bad.

I'd rather take the time to plan ahead and get TRAINED MP's in there
and not just anyone.  We could have easily ran in there with 10,000
soldiers, but they decided to not file Martial Law and essentially
work under the local police so that no loss of control or federal
oppression on the state was in action.  Not to mention the
organization of many helicopters and massive amounts of people
(without any embarrasing incidents).

With all the planning that had to take place to take care of this
situation effectively, I'd call that good Presidential Action.

And as for redirecting money from Iraq & Afghanistan, tell that to a
soldier's face out there.  Hey, stop eating for a couple days and how
about you sell your guns to some terrorists so we can fund New
Orleans, so you can go to Mardi Gras next year.  Why must people
insist on just pulling out of Iraq for stupid reasons?  What do you
think causes the negative outlook on the US as it is?  The US is
about being a force to be reckoned with, but when you have a bunch of
panzies running around spouting out crap that only feeds the
terrorist mindset, what do you expect?  You should expect a longer
war because if this country would only stand behind it's President
completely, you'd have seen this war over with along time ago.  All
the negative media, has only fueled the terrorists because again,
they simply use the "Paper Tiger" method on the US.  They jump out
here and there, tearing away at the Tiger and then hide again.  It's
what Vietnam used and is exactly what they're using, as well as the
negative media images, which ABC NBC Fox love to see so that you'll
tune in and watch some commercials.

An illegal war?  Just because we didn't get the precious UN's
Handcuffs behind our backs like last time?

The whole reason we're in Iraq again, is because the UN wouldn't
allow us to finish the job in the first place.  Now that we're there,
look what they're doing!!  They creating a Constitution!!  Didn't we
do something like that?? You know, really helped us out in the long
run?? This is an amazing step in the Middle East and will help secure
us an ally once they can manage themselves and everyone begins
playing nicely (politically instead of forcefully).  Everyone
approved the war, but wanted us to just rush in, blow up some tanks,
take out Saddam, and just run away.....great way to follow through.
Sometimes, these things take time (YES, an actual commitment) but in
the long run they'll pay off tremendously.

As for the Homeland Security Administration....ummmmm....have we had
another 9/11?  Homeland Security strictly deals with terrorism, not
with natural disasters and the such...that's why you see the reserves
and national guard down there...not federal homeland security guys
running the show.

Granted you can't say the government isn't always as fast as we'd
like, but they are getting the job done.  I used to work for the
government so I got to see a lot of this for what it really was.  If
only people would spend the energy they're spending on bashing Bush
or talking bad about the government, more relief effort would be in
action.

As for 2 supreme court justices and abortions, why do you think a lot
of the Middle East despises us?  Ummm last time I heard it was
because we kill our own children, or something called abortion!
Abortion isn't exactly looked up to by a good portion of the world,
because we use it as an excuse to be premiscuese and not take
RESPONSIBILITY.  Use a condom, use birthcontrol, but Don't go pulling
a baby half way out and chopping off it's head!  Shame shame
shame.....we really need to fight for that?

We're supposed to be a Superpower in which people look up to us, why
do liberals feel we need to be brought down to the level of other
nations?  Why must we stoop to others set of standards? Must we play
copycat?  Statistically you'll see that by adopting those standards,
we have lowered ourselves as a society.

We need to stop living with two sets of rules, one for you and one
for everyone else.  Abortion is ok but if I'm the one personally in
the womb, it's not?  I guess I'm not just a fetus because I'm here
typing away on the computer or having two beautiful children of my
own, who I adore and love and who would have never come into this
world had it not been because of me.

I love the excuse that somewhere, out there, is some girl who got
pregnant by her father and that's why abortion should be allowed
without parental consent.  I mean geez, talk about the lowest common
denominator, even though there are processes in place that could help
in such a situation.  But instead let's keep a wide open door policy
so I can get an abortion anytime I feel like, even after the 2nd
trimester....I've carried the baby long enough to keep me from
getting pregnant for the last 6 months...time to drop it....again
RESPONSIBILITY.

Hey Marc, this wasn't directed at you, the first paragraph was and
well the last one.  But you have the right to believe what you
believe and me typing to you isn't going to change that.  I lived
with a liberal for several years and we had many educational debates
and learned how to talk about issues back and forth in a way in which
we both learned and worked together.  I figure we can atleast learn a
little together.

As for politics, is that allowed still on this forum? lol.

Thanks,

Brandon
Vin 3323

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> Huh??  The area will need to be rebuilt no matter how
> many people die..  That cost remains the same.
>
> I don't think Bob claimed that Bush CAUSED the
> hurricane!
>

> At this point, I am more afraid that Bush will now
> have 2 (OR MORE!) supreme court appointments..  Get
> your abortions while you can!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS