[DMCForum] Re: Katrina

I have not stopped Bob from spewing his garbage at all. I also
stated that he, however marginally, did not cross the line. He is
more guilty of treason by the English legal definition as shown here
in asterisks:

Treason-felony. Under the English statute 11 & 12 Vict., c. 12,
passed in 1848, is the offense of compassing, devising, etc., to
depose her majesty from the crown; or to levy war in order to
intimidate either house of parliament, etc., **or to stir up
foreigners by any printing or writing** to invade the kingdom. This
offense is punishable with penal servitude for life, or for any term
not less than five years, etc., under statutes 11 & 12 Vict., c. 12,
§ 3; 20 & 21 Vict., c. 3, § 2; 27 & 28 Vict., c. 47, § 2. By the
statute first above mentioned, the government is enabled to treat as
felony many offenses which must formerly have been treated as high
treason.

But hey, we ain't in the UK, we're here and he still managed to toe
the line. I know Bush isn't the government, or the people.

I don't know where you get off telling me that I made this a racial
issue. What I've been saying is that it's NOT a racial issue or even
a social or wealth issue as Bob contends. It's an issue of how in
the hell do you evacuate nearly 200,000 ill, handicapped and poverty-
level people in a timely fashion (especially when some of them
WOULDN'T leave given the opportunity)? It's a feat that even our
almighty powerful nation hasn't worked out yet. Never the less,
people have thrown the race card, the poverty card, the genocide
card.

I'm as angry as any of you at how this went down. The government
fumbled. Too long to mobilize, too long to organize and people died.
I begged and called my employer and my unit to send me daily. I'm
contemplating taking in an evacuee and helping them get back on
their feet even though it may be months.

My whole point is, the government was bumbling, inept and
incompetent, not maliciously, willfully neglectful as Bob is saying.
Is it a crime to be that stupid? Possibly, when the lives of
thousands were lost, but let's try them for terminal stupidity in
the court of the voters or even impeachment by Congress, and not for
the crime of genocide in the ICC.

I contend that Bob is a hypocrite because he barely stays within the
realm of criticism and yet suckles on the sweet breast of Uncle
Sugar with his gov't provided EPA job (which he'll NEVER get fired
from) instead of showing the conviction of his beliefs and moving to
a more "world-view" oriented nation like France or Canada, and on
top of that, he cowers behind the questionable logic that "there are
no jobs available for someone with his type of specialized education
and job experience" as rationale for staying exactly where he is.
Hell, if anything there are MORE jobs for a guy with his
qualifications in a European or Asian nation.

The humor in all of this, is I agree with Bob on many things, though
to a less venomous and ranting degree. Much of our gov't is corrupt
but it's on both sides. I'd love to replace these people but money
controls the election because "He with the dollars, proliferates his
message" via the media. If you don't have dollars, the people don't
know who you are. They don't know your message and you can't fight
the negative image that your opponent paints of you. We need fresh
blood to make hard, unpopular decisions but I don't know how we'll
ever get it.

Blah blah blah. I'm out of breath. This could go on ad nauseum. As
far as I'm concerned, I'm making a large step by (soon)commuting
without oil and using solar energy at home to avoid increasing my
grid demand. I'll try and find something else to do that will piss
people off and make life better for me as soon as I think of one.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:
> Treason:
>
> 1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign,
> especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it
or
> by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.
>
> 2.A betrayal of trust or confidence.
>
> Speaking out against the leadership of this country and government
is
> criticism. And in case you can't tell, GWB isn't the government,
or
> even the country itself.
>
> However, I do find it appalling that you, Richard, decided to stop
> Bob's right to free speech by incorrectly labeling it as something
> despicable, simply because you do not favor it.
<snip>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS