Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

On 8/16/05, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The fuel from a consumer POV, not a MSDS perspective, is certainly
> NOT the same. If you have to give special consideration to the fuel
> to heat it up, even to the extent of having to preheat an engine
> block in cold weather, it most certainly is NOT the same. Especailly
> when considering the pollution created by an electrial plant, to run
> the block heater, in far from freezing climates.

Gah!! You're driving me insane, Robert. I thought I had made this
perfectly clear in my past posts.

There are NO block heaters! You don't plug the car in to keep the fuel
warm. You start the car on diesel. After a few minutes of driving the
veggie oil tank has been heated with waste heat from the engine. You
flip a switch and run on veggie oil. When you're close to your
destination, you switch back to diesel to make starting easier.

For crying out loud, go over to www.greasel.com and read about their
kits. It will take you all of 5 minutes and you won't have to continue
talking nonsense about block heaters and all of these other supposed
hassles that don't exist.

> I'm not saying that this isn't doable from yours and mines
> persepective. However, when it boils down to the idiot consumer who
> figures that all they need to keep driving a car forever is a gas
> card and a set of keys, it's NOT a viable solution. 2 seperate fuel
> tanks alone, even if you could automate the rest of the procedure, is
> just too complicated. If not defeating the purpose of being cost-
> effective.

Who gives a shit about the idiot consumer? I certainly don't. I'm
looking for a viable solution for me, and people like me. I really
don't care about Joe Six Pack. He can pay $5 a gallon for gas in a few
years if he's too stupid to understand "diesel in this tank, veggie
oil in this one."

-Ryan

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS