Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

On 8/16/05, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dude, I wouldn't pour straight grease into a car. The gylcol (stuff
> that makes soap) would clog it in no time. Ever seen what happens to
> a cup of grease at room temperature?

Robert, people do it all the time. They've run cars on straight veggie
oil for hundreds of thousands of miles. It works perfectly and doesn't
clog anything. Further, we're not talking about just dumping the oil
into a stock car. You need to make some minor modifications first.
Look at www.greasel.com.

> You've got to render as much glycol out as possible, from the grease.
> Either boil it to seperate everything, or chemically seperate it out
> with lye (like your drain cleaner does to open the pipes). From
> there, they do have this neat preseravtive/anti-coagulent to keep the
> oil from geling. It's like $12 a bottle, and will treat 125 gallons
> of biodiesel.

This is only necessary if you want to run biodiesel in a stock
vehicle. If you perform the proper modifications, you can run straight
veggie oil.

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS