Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

Marc,

I've actually looked into the greasel stuff myself. From my
understanding there is no processing of the oil involved, except to
strain it for large debris. You basically run pure, straight veggie
oil. And they claim this works fine even on brand new VW TDIs.

I wouldn't mind a new Jetta running on straight vegetable oil.

My first thought is, "Why not switch the country over?" We can grow
our own corn. I've heard, however, that our consumption would require
something on the order of several states full of nothing but corn. Not
sure how true this is, though.

-Ryan

On 8/15/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You have done this before?  Can you discuss the
> process of finding someone to give you the oil?
> transporting it home?  then processing it for use as
> fuel?
>
> Thanks
>

> --- Joe OBrien <joeyoseppijoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Well I for one am in the process in the next month
> > or so to convert a
> > nice Diesel Rabbit I bought off eBay.
> ><SNIP>

> Yahoo! Mail