Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

On 8/15/05, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have read the same thing, but I doubt one could
> transport a 55 gallon barrel of used vegetable oil in
> the back of a Jetta!  And, what kind of setup would
> you need in your garage to filter and store the oil?
> How time consuming is the process?  Clearly, if you
> need to spend the whole weekend collecting and
> filtering oil, it becomes counter productive.

The process is not time consuming at all. It's just a strainer or
paper filter, like a coffee filter. You're merely trying to remove
pieces of french fries floating in the used oil. Many people take
trips with their greasel kits; they just stop off at fast food joints
and ask if they can have 10-15 gallons of their used oil from the back
of the store. Stick a simple paper filter in front of your gas tank
and dump the oil in. You're done. If you bought your oil new, you
don't have to filter it at all. Just dump it in the gas tank and go.

As for storing it, you can store it in virtually anything. Plastic or
metal barrels, tubs, gas cans, etc. It's just straight vegetable oil.
Same stuff you get at the supermarket. Only difference is, if you get
nasty used oil from a restaurant it's usually free and perfect for
burning in your car.

> And, I am not saying all of that to put down the
> idea..  But to really understand it, because I have
> considered it for myself.  These are the things that
> have stopped me from taking any serious action on it.

Just go to greasel.com and look around.

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS