Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Gas alternatives, then?

I have read the same thing, but I doubt one could
transport a 55 gallon barrel of used vegetable oil in
the back of a Jetta!  And, what kind of setup would
you need in your garage to filter and store the oil?
How time consuming is the process?  Clearly, if you
need to spend the whole weekend collecting and
filtering oil, it becomes counter productive.

And, I am not saying all of that to put down the
idea..  But to really understand it, because I have
considered it for myself.  These are the things that
have stopped me from taking any serious action on it.

Last time I drove through some of the "fly over"
states, it looked like nothing but corn!!  Another
advantage to this corn oil idea is it would drive up
the price of things like "High Fructose Corn Syrup"
what has slowly replaced regular sugar here.... and
(IMHO) is one of the key reasons Americans are so damn
fat.... Which adds weight to the cars we drive, so we
in turn use more fuel!  :)