Re: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

timnagin wrote:

> I have read stories about how people in other countries want some of these
> just like we want some of theirs, like wanting what one doesn't have
> access
> to.  As an example, and I know it's not an American car, but people over
> seas will buy the "Infiniti G-35" logos to put on there car, where
> people in
> the states will buy the "Skyline" logos for theirs.

I may be a bit out of touch here, but this sounds like the R35 Nissan
Skyline? It's the Skyline over here. Although the Skyline was never sold
in the US (it's a motoring icon the rest of the world over) so perhaps
someone else is getting away with using the name in the US?

> About the performance though, I have read several articles comparing super
> cars.  The Corvette, possibly the Z06, was said to have more "bang for the
> buck" when put up against some Ferraris and such.  Obviously the
> Corvette is
> produced in greater numbers, which helps the price to drop, and is easier
> and cheaper to maintain.

The general gripe is that to get that extra power, the american way is
to fit a (much) bigger engine rather than trying to keep the weight down
and actually develop existing engines to be capable of more. That and
the fact that they won't corner worth a damn when pitted against
Ferraris or Lambos - or an R34 Skyline GT-R for the sake of discussion
:-) (and if we're talking bang-for-buck, get a Lotus Exige or wait for
the new Esprit)

I've just been watchng Top Gear and Clarkson reviewing the Ford F150 (?)
truck, and establishing exactly they there's no market for it over here,
or anywhere else for that matter. The result? Poor build quality,
terrible handling and built using techniques that "would be recognised
by 19th century tunnelling engineers" I believe was the exact phrase. OK
it's faster thana Boxster in a strait line, but errm.... so what, when
you can't stop?

Martin

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS