RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

RE: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

>Whereas american cars are far too big to be any use other than extending
>a man's libido (not called "yank tanks" for nothing), utterly useless on
>any kind of corner or handling generally, cheaply made with plasticy
>interiors, stupidly inefficient big engines made from volcanic rock and
>pig-iron chucking shit into the environment on a scale that keeps you at
>the no 1 spot as the "worlds' biggest polluter, generally laughed at by
>the rest of the world and utterly incapable at standing up against any
>European or Japanese car in any contemporary road test I've ever
>read/seen on TV.
>
>You stay on your side, Bill, I'll stay on mine
>
>Martin

I would agree with most of that about how cheap American vehicles look and
feel.  On my last purchase, I tried really hard to buy an American vehicle
and just couldn't.

I have read stories about how people in other countries want some of these
just like we want some of theirs, like wanting what one doesn't have access
to.  As an example, and I know it's not an American car, but people over
seas will buy the "Infiniti G-35" logos to put on there car, where people in
the states will buy the "Skyline" logos for theirs.

About the performance though, I have read several articles comparing super
cars.  The Corvette, possibly the Z06, was said to have more "bang for the
buck" when put up against some Ferraris and such.  Obviously the Corvette is
produced in greater numbers, which helps the price to drop, and is easier
and cheaper to maintain.

Greg

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS