Re: [DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

content22207 wrote:

> I think Martin was poking fun at my much older examples. American
> passenger cars haven't used cast iron engine blocks for years.

You stereotyped European cars, I voiced stereotypes about American cars.

> But even Martin has to admit: there's no sensation quite like cruising
> in a car that's 2-3 times the magnitude of anything coming off an
> assembly line today.

Would "boredom" be a word you'd use to describe this sensation? Shall we
ask a few bus drivers?

> Absolutely like floating on air. The sensation is
> more like sitting on your couch at home than driving down the road.
> That's why he's so upset about cornering -- would actually be counter
> productive on some of his roads

Errm.... screeching of brakes time here, Bill.

I own/drive Citroens.

The Citroen Hydropneumatic suspension system is designed to achieve
exactly that, and although legislation has forced them to change the
design in the most recent version, I do have the last of the proper
hydropneumatic cars in the Xantia, which really can corner better than
just about anything in anywhere near the same price range. The Activa
could pull more G's before letting go than a Testarossa. My Hydractove
II can apex a hairpin at 60mph on a regular 2-lane road (although I only
did it once and achieved a beautiful 4 wheel drift)

But the Xantia was axed in 2001 to be replaced by the C5 which I have
never driven and don't want to because I like the Xantia too much.
Perhaps I'm comnig around to your way of thinking, a mere 40 years too late

Martin
'99 Citroen Xantia HDi Exclusive
'91 Citroen BX TZD Turbo
('89 Citroen BX DTR Turbo Estate) Ex