Re: [DMCForum] Re: I must quit yet again (Warning: Christian Content)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: I must quit yet again (Warning: Christian Content)

> Personally, I prefer the concept of Free Will. Keeps people more in
> check, because it shifts the burdon of responsability of the actions
> of a persons life back to where they belong: On the person in question.

Everyone has free will. God still has a will for our lives, however,
he does not force it upon us. You are free to do your own thing if you
like. Or, you can do like I do, attempt to understand what God would
like me to do in various situations, then do that. Of course, if you
do something stupid, "God made me do it" can never be a valid excuse.
God doesn't make anyone do anything.

> It's like this converstaion that I once had. If you met God, and could
> only have one question answered with absolute truth, what would you
> ask. Sure there was the typical "Why do we suffer?", "What's the
> purpose of life?" etc.. Me? My question would be simple: "How are you
> doing?" It sounds like I mocking the subject, but I'm not. All my life
> I've heard people put the blame of their miseries onto God. "God
> didn't stop me from temptation!" or "Why did God let this happen to
> me?" And everyone seems to have selfish prayers. Sure, it's good to be
> thankful for your rewards in life, but has anyone ever just been
> concerned about how God is doing?

There's an old DC Talk song ("Take it to the Lord")  that changed my
entire relationship with God over a decade ago. It's essentially what
you just said: Everyone prays when they need help, but when things are
going great, forget it. Here's a partial verse:

"I just gotta explain that it ain't no game
Call him when ya need him, then forget the name
Yo, that's lame, and I will proclaim
Stop usin' God for your personal gain
Cause in the end, you'll be left ta hang, boy
Check the word, it'll tell ya the same"

I'm proud to admit, since hearing that song I say more prayers of
thanks and praise than I ask requests.

-Ryan