Re: [DMCForum] Clutch woes

Just took a measurement, the flywheel is 0.50mm
thicker where the clutch disk goes..

However, (I should have told you to look for this when
you took it apart!!) If this is the first time you
have done a clutch, you may have not tightened the
pressure plate to the flywheel.  When you put the
bolts in, the will feel tight at the point where you
start to compress the springs.  You have to KEEP
TURNING the bolts until the pressure plate meets the
flywheel.  At that point, the fingers on the pressure
plate (where the TOB rides) will stick out much
further than they are with the spring relaxed.

Is it possible the bolts were not tight, and the
spring was not compressed?