From: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of content22207
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:34 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: I must quit yet again (Warning: Christian
Content)

I feel your pain. To accumulate enough Ed credits to qualify for
lateral entry into the teaching profession this fall, I am taking 3
classes in one summer session (2 different schools). Am not committed
yet, but fully expect to be by the time school starts. This has got to
be the dumbest thing I've ever done. It's a Christian thing too -- for
some reason I felt called to become a public school instructor. Now
realize I may have misunderstood what God was saying.

Except for finding a server home, is there much issue here? The Forum
isn't moderated. Someone may need to change the home page graphic &
text from time to time. Any other admin duties?

At one time Dave Swingle used to lurk the Forum. Why don't we call him
out and welcome him to the online food fight as an open participant.

Some advice from one Christian to another: let go. You may still be
hanging on to the mistaken notion that you actually exercise some
power in this humanly unfathomable world. You don't. Like me, you are
powerless. Totally powerless. Completely, utterly, hopelessly powerless.

God, however, has unlimited power. There is nothing God CAN'T do. He
is as powerful as you are powerless (a neverending source of
hopefulness BTW).

So what would a thinking man do? Common sense dictates letting go of
the mistaken notion of one's own power, and embracing fully the
reality of God's unlimited power. In essence you become a wrench or a
socket in God's tool chest. He will then use you in ways only He can
understand to accomplish His ends on Earth. Remember, our world
shifted on its axis when God came to us as a human -- from that point
forward He has been using human beings as his agents of change rather
than doing it all Himself. Personally I can't understand His
methodology, but all I have to do is look at foibles of the original
12 stooges -- er, disciples -> apostles -- (who were hand picked by
God himself, I hasten to point out) to realize that I too am part of
the plan too, imperfections and all. Is really quite exciting, to be
honest.

Consider this: Our world is running out of conventional energy
sources. Like a house built on sand, billions of intrinsically
valuable human lives depend upon things that are guaranteed to end.
It's a potential catastrophy of Biblical proportions. Is it possible
God could use you in the quest for replacements? Not every participant
in that quest is going to be wearing a lab coat.

Of course time travel is fun. God invented time, and everything about
God is fun, so his time creation is indelibly stamped with fun-ness.
(I'm sure old friends reminiscing the past and newlyweds looking to
the future can give me an "Amen" on that). Sometimes human beings try
to take the fun out of God with their religious practices and
institutions, but such efforts are ultimately doomed to failure.
Humans are well advised to stop trying to push water uphill and simply
embrace God completely, fun and all.

Bill Robertson